After decades of living in their own homes, most aging adults would prefer to stay in their house as long as possible. But according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 70% of seniors 65 and over will need some form of long-term care in their lifetimes.
If you find yourself tending to more of your home’s responsibilities — maintenance, upkeep, lawn care — and enjoying less of life’s possibilities, maybe it’s time to consider an independent living community with Life Care like Santa Marta. Our Life Care lifestyle can give you more freedom to pursue your interests today — with lifelong learning, wellness and art classes, clubs, social events and outings — while we take care of the housekeeping and inside and outside maintenance. Plus, you’ll have the security of knowing you have access to a full continuum of on-site care.
“We visited several other communities here in the Kansas City area, but there is no comparison. You can’t get Santa Marta out of your mind once you’ve seen the rest of them — they don’t stack up. The best thing about Santa Marta is the people. I consider this to be my family.”
— Bill Poehling, Resident since 2009
After making a move to a community, some of the things residents of independent living communities say they love about their new lifestyle include:
- Meeting friendly people who quickly become close friends
- Exploring new hobbies through community classes and clubs
- Enjoying healthy chef-made meals
- Focusing on wellness programs specifically designed to promote whole-body health
- Being surrounded by people with similar life experiences and goals
- Having scheduled transportation for errands and doctor visits
While each independent senior living community features a different mix of services and amenities, here’s some of what Santa Marta offers:
- Botticelli’s – elegant, restaurant-style dining
- Café Della Terra — casual and to-go meals
- La Taverna bar and lounge
- Underground garage parking, with attached garage for villas
- Indoor heated swimming pool and spa
- Fully equipped fitness center
- Walking and biking trails
- Craft room
- Informal TV lounge
- Concierge assistance
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry service
- Indoor and outdoor home maintenance
- Regularly scheduled transportation
- Planned events and special activities on-site
- 24/7 security and emergency response
- Paid utilities, excluding phone and internet
The Value of Santa Marta.
If you’re curious about how the cost of a community compares to staying in your home, you’ll probably find that the cost to be very similar. Especially when you consider Life Plan Communities provide maintenance, utilities, activities, a meal plan, and many appealing amenities and services. Plus, Santa Marta provides long-term care at below-market rates. Some of your entrance fee and monthly fee could be tax-deductible. Be sure to check with your financial advisor.
“I have lived at Santa Marta for over 12 years and I couldn’t find a place where I could be happier. The residents are fun and the employees are thoughtful and kind.”
— Mary Duerst, Resident since 2008
Life Care: A Smart Plan That Lets You Focus More on Today.
While it’s important to consider the lifestyle you’ll enjoy today when you move to a community, it’s also vital that you think about your needs for tomorrow. Just as there are wide-ranging residential options, there are also wide-ranging care options. With the protection of a Life Care contract, Santa Marta guaranteed access to a full continuum of on-site long-term care — including assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation — at predictable monthly rates.
“They go beyond the call of duty, and it’s such a wonderful feeling to know they care so much.”
— Marie Weafer, Resident since 2014
See Santa Marta for Yourself.
It’s easy to leave life’s what-ifs on the back burner. But when personal happiness, long-term security and carefree lifestyle are yours for the taking — there’s no time like the present to set a plan for your future. To join us for “Discover the Santa Marta Life Care Lifestyle” in August, check out our Events page. Or you can call us or contact us here. You can also read more of what residents love about living at our luxury independent living community.