When home care or outpatient care won’t meet the demands of an acute illness, injury or post-operative condition, skilled nursing can be the right choice. Santa Marta’s skilled nursing services, beautiful Tuscan-inspired setting, and refined hospitality replace the outdated idea of a “nursing home” in Olathe, KS with a new paradigm: luxurious comfort that feels like home.
We welcome all area seniors, and because we understand the worries of facing a long-term diagnosis, our custom programs encourage maximum interaction and preserve respect. We also offer consultants in everything from diet to spiritual needs.
Everyone we serve is unique and our staff respect their life stories, all-important connections with family and friends, abilities and dignity. From important details like longer, wider beds, to the skillful and compassionate care provided by our RNs, LPNs, Certified Nurse Aides and Certified Medication Aides, we provide short- and long-term care designed to make the best of each day.
Included with Skilled Nursing:
- Short- and long-term skilled care plans
- 24/7 registered and licensed nursing services
- Social engagement opportunities for those who wish to participate
- Specialized nurturing programs that introduce residents to pets, children and nature
- Access to beauty salon/barbershop
- TV room and lounge area
- Meditation room
- Controlled-entry access
- Consulting medical director and registered dietician
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Fire-rated and sound-resistant construction
- Sprinkler system and smoke detectors
- Emergency power generators
- State-of-the-art equipment and treatment programs
Skilled Nursing Floor Plans
Our skilled nursing facility in Olathe, KS, offers private suites, with full private baths. Each Resident’s room features a flat-screen television, with daily bed-making and personal laundry service.
Explore our floor plans
Frequently asked questions
Skilled nursing is for those who need greater care while recovering from a hospital stay, or who need long-term care. Some conditions that often require skilled nursing include:
- Cardiac failure
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- CHF (Congestive heart failure)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Severe osteoarthritis
- Other major illness
When an illness is acute but not so severe that it requires hospitalization, and when home care and outpatient care are inadequate to manage that illness, that’s when skilled nursing is needed. Potential candidates for long-term nursing care include those who are dealing with an ongoing health condition or disability chronic or severe pain, a chronic medical condition, permanent disability, dementia, or those who need help with activities of daily living.
You can improve the effectiveness of the treatment plan when you prepare the right information before admission. Most Kansas City nursing homes require the following:
- Health insurance, with policy numbers of private medical insurance, prescription plan, Medicare/Medicaid, long-term care insurance, plus vision and dental (if applicable).
- Medical information, with doctor and pharmacy contact, medical diagnoses, allergies and drug sensitivities, health history, and a health event log with hospitalizations, surgeries and major health events (if any).
- Medications, including (for each) the name, dosage, how and when to take it, why it was prescribed, start and stop dates, whether monitoring is required, the doctor who prescribed it and if there are any side effects.
- If you hold the patient’s Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care, bring a copy. If you have a copy of their advance medical directives, such as a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) order or a POLST (Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment) form, please bring it.
Learn more about our top-rated skilled nursing facility in Olathe, KS. Use our contact form to get in touch.